Cleaning Regalite Plastic Windows®
Plastic windows should be cleaned regularly. Be sure to hose or blow off loose dirt particles from surface and then use either plain water or mild soap and water solution. Apply with a soft cloth or tissue to gently clean window. Never use harsh brushes or abrasives when cleaning plastic windows.
The effects of sunlight combined with environmental pollution will actually alter the chemical structure of your plastic window, resulting in permanent discoloration and brittleness.
To maintain the clarity and extend the life of your plastic window, it is recommended that your regularly wash dirt and salt off the surfaces.
Do not use harsh detergents when washing your plastic window, a mild detergent in water applied with a soft brush may be used.
Do not use products containing silicones or alcohol on your plastic rear window, such a typical commercial vinyl care products and class cleaners.
Do not rub the plastic window when dry - this will scratch the window. Always flood the window with water before gently wiping it with a damp, soft cotton cloth.
SUNBRELLA Care and Cleaning
1. SUNBRELLA® fabric should be cleaned regularly before substances such as dirt, roof particles, etc., are allowed to accumulate on and become embedded in the fabric. The fabric can be cleaned without being removed from the installation. Simply brush off any loose dirt, roof particles, etc., hose down and clean with a mild solution of mild soap in lukewarm water (no more than 100˚F). Rinse thoroughly to remove soap. NO NOT USE DETERGENTS! Allow to air dry.
2. For more stubborn stains: Soak the fabric for approximately twenty minutes in a solution of no more than ½ cup (4 oz.) of a non-chlorine bleach and ¼ cup (2 oz.) mild soap per gallon of water at approximately 100˚F. Rinse thoroughly in cold water to remove all of the soap. Note: excessive soaking in non-chlorine bleach can deteriorate sewing threads. This method of cleaning may remove part of the water repellency and the fabric should receive an application of an air-curing fluorocarbon water treatment, such as 303 Hi Tech Fabric Guard, if water repellency is an issue.
3. SUNBRELLA® may be dry cleaned but a water repellent treatment must be applied to the fabric after dry cleaning to reestablish water repellency. SUNBRELLA® is made from 100% acrylic fiber and is thermoplastic or heat sensitive. When washing or cleaning, DO NOT SUBJECT TO EXCESSIVE HEAT, as the fabric will shrink. DO NOT STEAM PRESS OR DRY IN ELECTRIC OR GAS DRYERS. Allow fabric to air dry.
4. In cases where a SUNBRELLA® awing is taken down and stored during the winter season, it should be cleaned, allowed to air dry, and stored in a dry, well ventilated area. Many fabrications offer a reasonably priced removal, cleaning, storage, and rehanging service on a yearly basis.
SUNBRELLA® is made from 100% solution dyed acrylic fiber which gives it color brightness which is unsurpassed. Being a woven fabric it breathes, and is translucent. It is guaranteed for a period of five years against loss of color or strength from normal exposure conditions including sunlight, mildew rot, and atmospheric chemicals. SUNBRELLA® has a fluorocarbon finish which provides excellent water repellency and stain release.
LIMITED WARRANTY for SUNBRELLA® Awning and Marine Fabric.
This limited warranty is valid only if a copy of the invoice for the item purchased is submitted showing date of original purchase.
What is covered?
The limited warranty covers the fabric becoming unserviceable because of loss of color or strength from normal exposure conditions, including sunlight, mildew, and atmospheric chemicals. Consumer is responsible for normal care and cleaning of the fabric. This warranty covers fabric only. Glen Raven's liability is expressly limited to this warranty.
How long is the coverage period?
The limited warranty runs for five years from the date of the original installation.
What will Glen Raven do?
Glen Raven will supply new fabric free to replace the fabric which becomes unserviceable.
How can you get service?
Call the dealer or retailer from whom you purchased the product, to inspect the claim. They, in turn, will contact the manufacturer of the item purchased. The manufacturer will then contact Glen Raven and secure replacement fabric for you.
Glen Raven Custom Fabrics
1831 North Park Avenue
Glen Raven, NC 27217
YKK® Zippers Care and Maintenance
1. Inspect zippers and sliders: Thoroughly inspect all zippers for deterioration and flaking of the zippers and excessive corrosion of zipper slider. After inspection you need to determine if zipper needs replacing; and if unsure then ask a professional to inspect and assess the condition of it for you.
2. Wash and rinse: The zipper now can be washed with a small brush and mild soap to remove debris, salt, sand, etc. Also, you can clean with a special formulated cleaning solution such as ZippyCool™. After washing, then thoroughly rinse zipper off and allow to air dry before lubricating.
3. Lubrication: After zipper is thoroughly dry you can now apply with a recommended product ZippyCool™. Next properly align zipper at top then apply product on teeth and gently move zipper up and down.
Strataglass™ Care and Maintenance
For the customer: We recommend using IMAR Strataglass™ Protective Polish every 2 to 3 months (every 4 to 6 weeks in areas of high fallout). In the interim, use IMAR Strataglass Protective Cleaner frequently.
Note: All new vinyl can easily get impressions in itself. We recommend new enclosures be left in place to the extent possible. If completely removed, enclosures must be interleaved with either acid-free paper (available from framing shops) or old sheets (the best choice) to prevent "pooling" in the glass. Vinyl "seasons" over time and becomes less impressionable. Roll all curtains down and fasten in place nightly to keep perfect appearance. (Review at www.strataglass.com)
Cleaning: Flush thoroughly to cool the surface and rinse away environmental abrasives. Wash with IMAR Yacht Soap Concentrate, or other equally gentle and high quality soap. Do not use Simple Green, Orpine or any other harsh cleaner - they will dull the surface. Apply the soapy water to the clear vinyl section of the curtain with special purpose washing mitts or soft cotton chamois. (Swobbit makes several tools to make these tasks easier.) Your clear vinyl curtains should be washed whenever your boat is washed. After washing the curtains, apply IMAR Strataglass Protective Polish sparingly with small, light circular motions using a soft cotton cloth. Allow the polish to dry and then remove with a clean soft cotton cloth. Finally, lightly buff to a sparkling shine. Done. For routine maintenance between polishing, use IMAR Strataglass™ Protective Cleaner. In sure the clear vinyl panels are free of abrasives. Very lightly mist a soft cotton cloth. Lightly and briskly rub a manageable sized area and then lightly buff dry with another clean cloth. Done. We recommend using IMAR Strataglass Cleaner at least weekly, but it's so fast and easy you may want to do it daily. You'll love the shine.
Restoring: We once recommended a restoration process but extensive experience shows actual damage cannot truly be repaired. If IMAR Strataglass™ Protective Polish cannot restore the clarity and shine it may be time to consider replacing the enclosures.
Please... Please.... use our recommended procedures and products from the beginning.
Trouble Shooting: Please see our "tips for the fabricator" and our "trouble shooting" sections on our website for a complete discussion.
IMAR Yacht Detailing Products: Contact Integrated Logistics, Inc. (I-LOG) at 703-330-4693 or firstname.lastname@example.org for the dealer nearest you. Ask to speak with Leo Orenstein, the CEO, to discuss cleaning requirements or comments about IMAR products.